According to the Hosting Tribunal, around 60% of the workloads globally will be directed to Cloud environments for 2019. And that is not truly surprising if we consider that the global Cloud market is set to reach almost 260 billion USD at the end of the current year.
Immediately after to look at those big numbers, a necessary question appears in my head: what that means to mortals like you and me? First of all, indicates that all sizes companies are accelerating their journey to Cloud very fast, and not only that; companies around the world are willing to spend much money in it.
At this rate, in the near future the growing interconnectivity among people and companies, the high demand for smart and all-in-one sites to provide all kinds of online services and the integration of other technologies such as the Internet of Things, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence in Cloud environments for commercial purposes, will shape forever the current state of the digital era and the entire Internet as we know it.
So, in this context, one of the oldest and most renowned tech companies in the world has entered into the market of innovative technology and disruption with a very hot value proposal: the IBM Hybrid Cloud. The IBM Hybrid Cloud is competing largely with other big names of the industry not trying to steal their market niche but precisely the opposite: providing interconnection and IT services to companies that currently use other Cloud environments. The reason is very clear, according to forbes.com by next year (2020), 22% of the total workloads to Cloud represent hybrid strategies.
Other major players in the Cloud race are AWS, Azure and Google. Each provides powerful and flexible services. There’s no doubt, however, the IBM Hybrid Cloud bets precisely for this specific business niche, considering the vast universe of companies that have chosen the multi-cloud and the hybrid environments the ideas are way more than reasonable. Moving to the Cloud now is a tendency and will be mainstream in the short term.
I believe deeply that moving to Cloud is a must for the following reasons:
- Market constantly demands greater and more powerful applications to provision for a growing variety of online services, This is feasible, affordable and possible a Cloud environment.
- Competition builds pressure to migrate to Cloud and adopt new technologies to gain market share faster.
- Moving to Cloud accelerates the digital transformation and even the digital culture inside a company.
- The Cloud environments simplify the entire operation on providing services, also cuts streams of spending and focuses on certain costs.
To understand better the capabilities of the usage the IBM Hybrid Cloud I remark the next three key points:
- Innovation with the ultimate technology from and to any source
- Get the access required to more types of data, analytics, and AI anywhere
- Improve return on existing investments
Finally, IBM has developed a comprehensive strategy around migration and innovation to help customers to move to Cloud. It also helps existing customers who are already in the Cloud, to move to Hybrid Cloud to facilitate the interconnection among several Cloud providers and maximize the service of each one. To understanding the market easier, the journey to Cloud is given by a specific order and steps:
- Migrate: lift and shift applications and workloads
- Modernize: update containers and microservices
- Build: build new native applications
- Manage: integrate and manage multi-cloud
The battle to gain customers around the adoption of Cloud will be definitively hard in the years to come, however, is well known that the excellent customer service is a brand signature of IBM where customers are asked: How can I help you? Instead of: What can I sell you?