The Habits of Highly Effective Leaders

43 sec read

Every supervisor, manager, president, and CEO dreams of being recognized as “The World’s Greatest Boss,” so what are its definitive qualities? A rare 6% of employees with great bosses lack passionate for their job, the remaining 94% say their boss contributes to their passion. On the other hand, only 59% of employees with a bad boss are passionate about their job. Even further, 14% of “on the clock” employee engagement is influenced by how employees rate their manager. Saying this, poor leadership is a direct cause for losing employees.

On a 10-point scale, 70% of employees consider their manager to be good, or great- but nearly 2 in 3 people resign from work, or have plans to, because of their boss. 18% of employees planning to leave their job within the next year have good bosses, 77% report poor leadership.

For the sake of business, and the loyalty and happiness of your team, being a leader instead of a manager can do wonders. 99% of great managers are even liked personally, and respected professionally, by their employees. Being a well-rounded person is more of a job than being a well-rounded boss is. Continue below to read how employees describe the qualities of good and bad bosses, and how to work toward achieving this status.

Leadership

Brian Wallace Brian Wallace is the Founder and President of NowSourcing, a leading infographic design agency in Louisville, KY and Cincinnati, OH which works with companies ranging from startups to Fortune 500s. Brian runs #LinkedInLocal events, hosts the Next Action Podcast, and has been named a Google Small Business Advisor for 2016-present.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.